Facilities and services provided
In the entrance hall you will find a wheelchair accessible reception desk and you can easily move around the wide corridors of the whole school as well as in the modular classrooms. There are also toilets adapted for people with reduced mobility.
The main facilities are as follows:
- External bell for access for people with reduced mobility,
- Access ramp for the disabled,
- Reception desk adapted for PRMs,
- Wheelchair accessible toilets,
- Pedestrian tile and contrasting riser strip,
- All the circulation areas in the rooms and in the school are adapted for wheelchair users.
People with hearing or visual impairments: Please let us know what specific facilities and services you would like to have before your arrival.
Accessibility of the school
Our school is a category 5 school in a building that has been upgraded to meet the latest standards.
You will find below the document justifying the conformity of our school in terms of accessibility.
- Our building and all the services offered are accessible to all
- Our staff will inform you about the accessibility of the building and the services
Training of reception staff in different disability situations:
- Staff are made aware.
This means that staff are informed of the need to adapt their reception to different people with disabilities.
- Staff are trained.
This means that the staff have been trained to welcome different people with disabilities.
Suitable equipment :
- Equipment is maintained and repaired
- Staff know the material
The public accessibility register can be consulted on our website.
If you arrive alone on the first day in front of our main entrance, use the bell just to the right of the main entrance so that we can show you where the second entrance is and then you can be on your own.
Leaflet to help with the reception of people with disabilities
The Ministerial Delegation for Accessibility (DMA) has produced this brochure in collaboration with associations of people with disabilities. It gives advice to the staff of an establishment on how to welcome people, whatever the type of disability.
On the basis of this model, Lyon Bleu makes its teams aware of the need to welcome people with motor, sensory, intellectual or psychological disabilities.
Training of reception staff in different disability situations
Referent for disability :
- CécileThe Head of Education is also trained and will answer any questions you may have about the school or your course during your stay.
- KettySandra, Bella and VéroniqueOur stay coordinators will find the most suitable accommodation solutions for you, based on your instructions, in our host families and partner residences.
School staff :
All our staff are informed of the need to adapt their reception to different people with disabilities.